4° album

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 21/4/2010, 17:59

Group:
Administrator

Ecco gli aggiornamenti sul quarto album di Brett direttamente da lui! ;)

http://brettanderson.co.uk/forum/read.php?2,201616

NOTES FROM THE UNDERGROUND
Posted by: brett anderson
Date: April 21, 2010 05:47PM

with all the fuss going on down the road i thought i'd let you know what's going on about the next solo record.
on monday, Leo and myself started writing properly together. we have about 15 backing tracks to work on , edited and compiled from the jam sessions in january.
things are already feeling good... the music is live and urgent and very inspiring to write to. so far we have 3 complete songs... one mid-paced, stately album opener called 'Unsung', a fierce rocker and a brand new untitled beast which i am writing parts for today and sounds a bit like 'Idiot' period Iggy.. dark, industrial and damaged.
no one who is interested in my solo stuff need worry that i am being sidetracked by the S word... my goal over the next few months is to crack on with album number 4 and hopefully have it ready by the end of the year. when it will be released i can't say but i do know it's going to be special.

Brett

Web Contacts  Top
Miss Codling
view post Posted on 21/4/2010, 18:17

Belle news, sono contenta del ritorno alla produzione di Abrahms e spero proprio che Slow Attack sia la premessa di un brillante percorso da solista. Vedremo vedremo!

withiceinherblood
view post Posted on 21/4/2010, 20:45

La notizia mi fa molto piacere!

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 14/5/2010, 16:10

'Unfinished but well on the way is the Brett Anderson record. We’ve spent some time writing songs over the edited improvisations recorded in January, and frankly both of us have that slightly naughty feeling you get when you’re trying not to be too pleased with yourself. It is going to be amazing, the songs are the most powerful and direct he’s written since Suede and the album has a sound all its own. There is a distinct drive and rawness at the heart of the record that will render overdub-stage dithering obsolete. Unfortunately I have to stop work on it now for a month or so, but I know Brett will be hard at work in my absence.' (Leo Abrahams)

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 15:54

Aggiornamenti dal forum:

“some nebulous news for you regarding the next opus. we’ve reached the next phase and the songs are pouring out like honey . we spent the last couple of weeks recording vocals and doing monitor mixes and have two good handfuls of tracks pretty much finished bar fine tuning and mixing. it’s going to be a really dynamic record… everything was pretty much played live and you can really feel the energy. favourite tracks?… there’s this huge, anthemic beast called ‘Unsung’, a pounding kind of Krautrock thing called ‘Brittle Heart’ , a damaged and desperate tale of entanglement and obsession called ‘ This Must Be Where it Ends’ and a bitter -sweet pop song called ‘ Crash About to Happen’ which reminds me of 1980’s indie. we were listening to lots of PIL and Siouxsie when we were recording it so it’s not surprising that the album has some of those flavours, although as i’d hope you’d expect it still sounds very much like me. for better of for worse i’m kind of trapped within myself and my own style and i suppose my quest is to slowly whittle my work down into the best version of that that i can.
working with Leo has again been a pleasure and a fantastic learning experience for me. he’ll never take the easy option when making music and he’s always looking for a twist . it’s a commendable attitude to have in the powder-puff music industry and one which means that his work is always challenging and interesting. together i think we’re making something special and i can’t wait for people to hear it.”

bosie
view post Posted on 22/7/2010, 16:55

che figo.

view post Posted on 3/8/2010, 22:05

Group:
Administrator

Aggiornamenti da Leo Abrahams:

'I returned to Marianne Faithfull’s welcoming bosom (figuratively speaking) for a show in Dublin, before throwing myself back into Brett Anderson’s record. We ended up recording most of the lead vocals over just a few sessions, which was in keeping with the spontaneous spirit of the whole project. But there were no compromises, and it sounds amazing.'

Web Contacts  Top
Pantomime
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 12:41

Poco fa ho visto che su youtube è stata postata la canzone Unsung anticipazione del 4° album di Brett

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 13:23

Eccola.

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 15:27

Che devo aggiungere? Confermo la prima impressione, la canzone migliore che abbia fatto da solista per me (figuriamoci quando sarà mixata). Letteralmente da mozzare il fiato.

Pantomime
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 16:48

Bella canzone, ma nei precedenti lavori ce ne sono di emozionanti...anche se pochine

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 29/9/2010, 22:02

Eh sì, neanche io sono una gran fan dei primi due album. Ma Slow Attack è strabiliante, sia a livello vocale (Brett non aveva una voce così in forma da anni) che di atmosfere e di testi. Contiene momenti veramente ad alta intensità emotiva, uno su tutti penso sia Ashes of Us. Ma il crescendo di Unsung mi ha rapito il cuore e poi

Amaro come una canzone d'amore
che ritorna lungo tutto il corso della vita,
Sì, la vita è una canzone d'amore non intonata.

Mi uccide.

Pantomime
view post Posted on 30/9/2010, 13:48

Che dire aspettiamo con trepidazione il nuovo lavoro!

almamatters
view post Posted on 16/10/2010, 22:10

Slow Attack mi ha strabiliato dopo i primi due lavori decisamente sottotono, ma questi nuovi brani sono veramente strabilianti. Non vedo l'ora che esca questa ultima fatica! Piuttosto si sa più o meno quando dovrebbe uscire?

view post Posted on 17/10/2010, 16:57

Group:
Administrator

Pare verso l'inizio dell'anno prossimo, ma ancora non ci sono date certe.

Web Contacts  Top
22 replies since 21/4/2010, 17:59   214 views