Radio Deejay Novembre 1996

« Older   Newer »
Miss Codling
view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 11:58

Int: Hi Brett. How is it going?

B: Very well,thanks very much,nice to be here

Int: And welcome to Simon as well

S: Ciao,thanks very much,nice to be here

Int: We're about to hear the first phone call from one of your fans,they're so many

S: that's what we want to hear ..

Int: Lots of people want to know "where is your hotel here in Milan,they want to meet you..

(laughing)

S: I can't remember where it was...

B: I can't remember the name of it now, we like often.. we like speaking to them,

S: especially Italians

B:yeah, 'cause we like to meet them,all the italian fans are very beautiful and lovely people,we always want to meet more anywhere

S: yeah

Int: Ok now the first question from a caller

caller: hi guys

B: hello

S: hi

Int:(caller question translated by the dj) Are you guys going to spend more days here in Italy and if you'll be in the cast of some tv shows

B: (laughing) I'm not sure about the tv shows,but,yeah we're definately coming back to Italy,I think february next year. We will play kind of like 5,hopefully 4 or 5 dates. We had to cancel a couple of dates earlier of the year about the commitments,but Italy is one of our favourite countries in Europe,we'll definately be back

S: We hadn't played in Rome

B: we're looking forward to play in other places,kind of like down south,'cause we've been to Milan lots of times,we'd like to play in Rome

Int: Yeah,you've played only in Milan so far

B: Right,we did a couple..Modena

S: Padova

Int: so Northern Italy

B: we did Florence as well,but we'd like to go to other places.It's a really beautiful country,we want to see more of it,yeah

caller: Is it right that you don't want to be defined as a group of Brit pop?

B: (laughing) I don't know......I suppose..we are British and we do make pop music but I don't ..we're Brit Pop really.It's a bit of the earlier days...

S: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrit Pop

B: I like to think that the music we make has got a kind of Univeral appeal,even though we came from Britain and we do sing quite specifically cultury British things that people in any country can understand what they're about.'Cause the songs are about basic human emotions,you know,...love and hate and stuff like that and people feel love and hate in all the world. It's important to not ...when you write a song,it's important to think that the audience is the world and not just one country

Int:and now it's time for some music,"Beautiful ones" here on radio DJ

- Beautiful ones on

Int: We're back with Suede,Brett Anderson,is that right Brett,are you here?

B: I am here (laughing)

Int: and there is Simon as well

(reading the question in italian from a fax)

Int: You already got the question guys,right?

B :I got the..yeah..what's the difference between the two albums? Oh well,for me,Dogman Star was very long,epic quite painful album and after making a quite indeath,introspective record like that,I think,all of us wanted to make something that was a bit more immediate. And that kind of like...deal with pop music again and that's what Coming Up is about,it's just...it's a serious ten pop songs,you know

Int : So you want to get close more to the pop kind..

B :Yeah...I want the record to be more fun

Int: Right

B : I mean,obviously not to turning into Take That or songs like that,Suede will never be like that (laughing),just,you know,just to be a bit more direct in the media and simpler...

Int: How many people already made the comparison between your voice and the one of David Bowie from the early 70s,Brett

S:How many people (laughing)

B:No one,you're the first one ever

Int: No one?Even in the sound of certain,I mean in the flavour of certain songs of that period of Bowie

B: Yeah,well,he's been a big influence on the band...but I mean there's been a lot of other influences as well,I think it's too obvious to say that he's the only influence,probably the biggest influence on the band it's been punk really.We all know there is much influence by the Sex Pistols than Bowie,so I think just...all of the great british music from the early years,you know,...the Beatles,Sex Pistols,and the Stones...and Bowie is one of them.

Int:Another phone call,carmen from Aquila.Do you want to greet Simon and Brett?

caller: yeah,hi Simon,hi Brett

S :hello

B :Ciao Carmen

Int :She says this is the only thing she can say in english

B :the only thing I can say in Italian is Ciao

S :Belissimo

B :and belissimo and prego and grazie

S :prego

Int: (translating the caller's speaking) Congratulations for the new album guys

S & B :thank you

Int:Brett,she likes the way you're singing,she likes the way you're moving on the videos,she like your style up on stage

B: it's very kind,grazie mille (thanks very much in italian)

Int:(caller question translated)Carla would like to know,would like to go to the previous question. Your music has changed from the previous album,but is there like a line that you're following,something that you will do in the next album which is probably like ...Coming Up from this album

B : I don't..it's difficult to say,because I think,in any time,when you really know what....you really understand the identify of the album you make,it's when you just made it.We tense quite organically when we get in the studio,we come up just.....we just work and it grows and it becomes its own being sort of thing.It's difficult to predict...uhm,the only thing I can say is that the album probably will be a little bit darker than this one,yeah...but I don't think it will be as epic and drowner as Dogman Star.

Int:All the best for tonight from Carmen

B&S:thanks

S:you have a lovely voice Carmen

Saturday night

Int :I'm telling the audience of the change of the venue for tonight,it's very important

S :yeah

B:remeber not to go to the wrong place (laughing)

S: it's good if there is going to be some buses from the old venue to the new venue

Int:I know,but it's not too far from the centre of the town.It's close to the radio station as well

S: oh,yeah ok.

Int: you were talking about live songs.How is going to sound Saturday night tonight,on tonight show here in Milan

S :well,it depends on we play,it was a bit slow last night,a little bit slower than the record,but not too much slower

Int: you're gonna play different versions of course,you're not gonna stick to the album version really

B:yeah,we normally kind of....what we normally do is completely reinterprete the songs,give them like... a just... a real live feel. some of them we play different parts and elements and stuff like that,we change from the record was.

Int:Some bands do,some bands don't

S :yeah

Int: I mean Oasis,they've been playing exactely the same version

B :we give them a bit of life

Int:we have another phone call,we have Luana

B:Ciao Luana

S:Ciao

Int:(translating the caller's question)You've been the only guest band from abroad at the Sanremo Giovani,you've been there right?

S :oh yeah,we've been there last night

Int: Luana wants to know if you had the chance to hear some of the italian stuff and what you think about it

S:oh,we didn't have the time to listen a lot that night,I know Zucchero,was on?

B:yeah,I mean it's difficult for..I mean I dont' understand the words of italians say,but the song musically sounded good.We met a couple of girls from the same label,Paolo and Chiara,very lovely people,I hope they're coming along tonight

S :I hope they're coming alog tonigh yeah

B :yeah,great stuff

Int: and what do you think about the now state of international music,I mean what you like,what you don't

B:I think the music is definately getting healthier,yeah,I might think...it's got...you know...about 4 years ago or 5 years ago,when Suede first style,there was very little around and I think music is getting healthier,yeah,I do,I think there are good bands in the world,you know bands like the Manic Street Preachers,there is a band called Strangelove in Britain that I really like and there's a lot of British bands I like and there's a lot of fun bands around

Int: and what do you think Simon as well

S: oh really,I like a bit Nick Cave himself,he's back on the Seeds again,which is pretty cool you know,I don't know about how big is here,have you heard of him?

Int:Well he's quite known

B :I like the dance act as well,you know,people like Gabrielle and East 17,and Underworld and people like that,there's a lot of good music around

caller :Ciao

S & B :Ciao

Int: and I say bye to you guys,you've been very kind for being here on the show tonight

B :it's been a pleasure,thanks very much

Int:Ok Ciao Brett

B :Cheers,ciao

Int: and Ciao Simon

S :Ciao

bosie
view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 13:01

paola e chiara. ovviamente preferivo la bionda. BTW, mi ricordo di una loro intervista in cui citavano -the chemistry...-, il verso sul non essere stanchi della gioventù.

Claire F.
view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 13:09

Grazie per questa!!!
Novembre '96: ero là, la prima volta non si scorda mai!! Eheheh, mi sa che Paola e Chiara siano salite per un breve momento sulla Love Boat Anderson, erano anche a marzo allo show a Milano e li seguivano tipo stalkers...puntavano anche Neil ma lui era troppo preso da certe "suore from Cecina", ahahah!!!
Brett poi a marzo del '97 aveva puntato una ragazza molto molto carina che poi s'è rivelata essere una quattordicenne..emh..ricordo ancora la faccia di lui all'aeroporto quando lei candidamente gli disse che non era rimasta all'aftershow perché suo papà era venuta a prenderla a mezzanotte...e Brett "But..erm, how old are you??" "I'm 14!!" "........." ( vecchio pedofilo!!! )
-_-

bosie
view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 13:21

CITAZIONE (Claire F. @ 2/7/2010, 14:09)
Grazie per questa!!!
Novembre '96: ero là, la prima volta non si scorda mai!! Eheheh, mi sa che Paola e Chiara siano salite per un breve momento sulla Love Boat Anderson, erano anche a marzo allo show a Milano e li seguivano tipo stalkers...puntavano anche Neil ma lui era troppo preso da certe "suore from Cecina", ahahah!!!
Brett poi a marzo del '97 aveva puntato una ragazza molto molto carina che poi s'è rivelata essere una quattordicenne..emh..ricordo ancora la faccia di lui all'aeroporto quando lei candidamente gli disse che non era rimasta all'aftershow perché suo papà era venuta a prenderla a mezzanotte...e Brett "But..erm, how old are you??" "I'm 14!!" "........." ( vecchio pedofilo!!! )
-_-

e ste storie le tiri fuori solo adesso???

view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 13:32

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Miss Codling @ 2/7/2010, 12:58)
(reading the question in italian from a fax)

Int: You already got the question guys,right?

B :I got the..yeah..what's the difference between the two albums? Oh well,for me,Dogman Star was very long,epic quite painful album and after making a quite indeath,introspective record like that,I think,all of us wanted to make something that was a bit more immediate. And that kind of like...deal with pop music again and that's what Coming Up is about,it's just...it's a serious ten pop songs,you know

Il fax era mio!!!! :woot:
Non riuscivo a prendere la linea e quindi ho provato a usare l'altra via di comunicazione indicata.... :D (Ai tempi riuscivo a mandare fax dal pc col modem analogico.)
La domanda, se non ricordo male, era proprio sull'enorme differenza di sound e di atmosfere tra DMS e CU...

Ovviamente ho anche la registrazione audio dalla radio, qualcuno la vuole? :shifty:

Edited by agrasso - 2/7/2010, 16:28

Web Contacts  Top
Claire F.
view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 13:41

WOW!!! Che emozione devi aver provato!!! Bello!!!

Per Bosie: nella mia lunga e onorata carriera di stalker suediana ne ho raccolte tante di storie, eheheh, però spesso manca il tempo di scriverle... Quella m'è tornata alla mente leggendo l'intervista. :)

Cmq appena riesco ne posto qualcuna se possono interessarvi!!! Ma non aspettatevi chissà cosa...

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 14:11

Sìsì posta pure, queste storie sono fenomenali!!!
14enni, 22enni... il lupo perde il pelo ma non il vizio!

view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 15:45

Group:
Administrator

Ecco i file audio!
Scusate per la mancanza di stile del mezzo usato per far pervenire la domanda, cioè il fax (ma come detto non ero riuscito a prendere la linea al telefono), e per la banalità della domanda (conoscevo gli Suede da solo un paio di mesi e forse ancora nemmeno sapevo dell'esistenza di Bernard Butler):

www.megaupload.com/?d=ZUPP8TQQ
www.megaupload.com/?d=3GHHE7XH

Edited by agrasso - 2/7/2010, 17:20

Web Contacts  Top
Miss Codling
view post Posted on 2/7/2010, 15:59

Grazie mille!!!!!

MrsGilbert
view post Posted on 26/8/2010, 18:51

Brett ha un'idea molto intelligente!

JarvisCocker
view post Posted on 24/9/2010, 00:02

i Suede a SAN REMO GIOVANI????? WTF?!

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 24/9/2010, 00:04

Eh, cosa ti sei perso durante la tua assenza!!!!

JarvisCocker
view post Posted on 24/9/2010, 00:14

interessante, non ne ero a conoscenza.... sapevo degli smiths e dei new order ma non dei suede. Comunque, a proposito di brett pedofilo.... se non vado errato, leggenda narra che Bernie, qualche giorno dopo la dipartita ai tempi di DMS, abbia dichiarato in un intervista che brett era un "fottuto pedofilo" o un qualcosa del genere.... evidentemente non era solo una leggenda. :D

Miss Codling
view post Posted on 24/9/2010, 00:17

Sìsì su Love & Poison Barnett lo dice infatti, "They all take crack and Brett sleeps with children" se non erro :lol:

JarvisCocker
view post Posted on 24/9/2010, 00:30

quel libro sarà almeno 1 anno che ce l'ho sulla scrivania e per un motivo o per l'altro lo devo ancora leggere.... di Barnett ho una foto di diversi anni fa che lo ritrae in fragrante mentre fa il provolone con una mia amica :D :D comunque ho letto il turo report sull'ultimo concerto... stima e rispetto per le tue capacità stalkerose :D

23 replies since 2/7/2010, 11:58   218 views