Bernard produce il nuovo album di Nerina Pallot

« Older   Newer »
Miss Codling
view post Posted on 23/2/2011, 04:21

Nerina Pallot’s fourth studio album, ‘The Year of the Wolf’, where she has been working with Suede-guitarist/music producer Bernard Butler, looks set for a late Spring/early Summer release date. So says the lady herself…

The singer/songwriter rose to fame with the 2006 re-release of Fires, which gained her three top 75 singles (‘Everybody’s Gone To War’, ‘Sophia’ and ‘Learning to Breathe’), the incredible album track ‘Idaho’, and a 2007 Brit Award nomination for British Female Solo Artist.

However, her last release, 2009’s underrated ‘The Graduate’, arrived with little to no fanfare, but still managed to reach #46 on the UK album chart. Lead single, the pop stomping ‘Real Late Starter’, received wholly positive reviews, but didn’t make the Top 200, and Joe McElderry covered the track on his debut album ‘Wide Awake’.

Since the release of ‘The Graduate’, she has written songs that appeared on the 2010 chart topping albums by Diana Vickers (Put It Back Together) and Kylie Minogue (the almighty fan’s favourite ‘Aphrodite’, and third single, ‘Better Than Today’).

With a strong vocal (that occasionally borders on the amazing-ness of the Amos), the knack for writing a killer chorus, and the prospect of a Bernard Butler collaboration, Nerina now just needs the right marketing push behind her. As a massive fan of her last two LPs, I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what direction the new album takes, and hoping it’ll propel her back in to the spotlight.

Tracks already confirmed for ‘The Year of the Wolf’ are:

Grace
All Bets Are Off
I Think
This Will Be Our Year
If I Lost You Now
Butterfly
History Boys
Put Your Hands Up
Turn Me On

0 replies since 23/2/2011, 04:21   41 views