Brett parla della sua dieta e consiglia una ricetta (seriamente)

« Older   Newer »
Miss Codling
view post Posted on 16/7/2011, 14:33

Per continuare la serie: interviste di un certo livello....

finalmente scopriamo che lavoro fa questa benedetta Jodie, si occupa di alimentazione macrobiotica a quanto ho capito.

Brett Anderson: 'It was pearls before swine,' he says of the band's diet in Suede's 90s heyday. 'We'd be in Hollywood or Japan, and we just wanted chips.' Photograph: Patrice de Villiers
"Music, food and sex are the three most important things in life," says Brett Anderson, singer with reunited glam-punk Britpop Suede. "You can't do without any of them." He pauses and considers. "Well, you can do without a couple of them. But you shouldn't.

"In the 90s, I had a phase of only eating brown rice for two months at a time," Anderson says. "I was very unhealthy and I had this idea that brown rice would somehow be very good for me. Basically, all I was putting in my body was brown rice and cocaine, and that's not healthy."

He kicked the drugs before Suede split up in 2003, and in 2007 he went to see a naturopath: "And that changed my life." (His wife also studies naturopathic medicine.) A diet tailored to his individual metabolism (no mushrooms, corn, milk or wheat) has "really, really worked, to a startling degree… I feel a lot better and I'm very conscious of my diet now." Hence the love of antioxidant blueberries. Anderson makes his own muesli with oats, flax and crushed pumpkin and sunflower seeds, and the blueberries go on top: "I try to have them every day."

In Suede, eating well wasn't at the top of their priorities. "It was pearls before swine. We'd be in Hollywood or Japan, and we just wanted chips!"

The recipe: Blueberry fool

Serves four.

450g blueberries
Juice of 1 lime
425ml double cream
400g mascarpone
Juice of 2 lemons
6 tsp honey
4 fresh mint sprigs
Icing sugar, for dusting

Blend the blueberries and lime juice until smooth. Whisk the cream to peaks. In a bowl, gently combine the mascarpone, lemon juice, honey and three-quarters of the berry mix, then fold in the cream. Spoon or pipe into serving dishes and drizzle over the rest of the purée. Top with a mint sprig and a dusting of icing sugar.

Love-Music-Love-Food-Bret-007

view post Posted on 17/7/2011, 13:35

Group:
Administrator

Bene, la prossima volta che lo incontro gli suggerirò un paio di prodotti... :B):

Dove si trova questa intervista?

Web Contacts  Top
Miss Codling
view post Posted on 17/7/2011, 14:37

Boh, è stata pubblicata da diverse parti non si capisce.

2 replies since 16/7/2011, 14:32   739 views